• Comply with Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Fb. You too can get the highest tales mailed to you—join right here.
• Broadway is lastly set to reopen this month, however did producers and productions study something over the past 18 months?
• The implications of the Supreme Court docket’s ruling on Texas’ six-week abortion ban are staggering, and different states are already trying to copy how Texas did it, Vox writes: “Texas lawmakers ‘long-established this scheme as a result of federal constitutional challenges to state legal guidelines ordinarily are introduced towards state officers who’re accountable for implementing the regulation.’ So if no state officer can implement the regulation, it’s unclear whether or not anybody might be sued to dam it. The Supreme Court docket’s order, joined by the 5 most conservative justices, successfully blesses this methodology of evading judicial evaluation.”
• ABBA introduced their reunion album Voyage, their first in 40 years, in addition to a hologram live performance in London subsequent 12 months—hear to 2 new ABBA songs now, “I Nonetheless Have Religion In You” and “Don’t Shut Me Down.”
• Deja vu: the AP experiences that far proper extremist teams, together with the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers, are planning to attend a rally on the Capitol later this month “to demand ‘justice’ for the a whole bunch of people that have been charged in reference to January’s rebel.”
• Vice experiences that gig staff had been “incentivized” to work throughout final night time’s harmful storm “as a result of gig firms supply the profitable bonuses and incentives.”
• Mel Journal writes concerning the common subreddit which mocks anti-vaxxers “who died or had been hospitalized after contracting the virus.”
• ProPublica has a longread about how the “stolen election delusion” has led to many Trump supporters mobilizing to take over the Republican Social gathering on the lowest native degree: “All of a sudden, individuals who had by no means earlier than confirmed curiosity in social gathering politics began calling the native GOP headquarters or crowding into county conventions, wanting to enlist as precinct officers.”
• Properly, that is terrifying: teen women are apparently creating unexplainable Tourette’s-like tics that scientists are calling a “mass sociogenic sickness.”
• Kanye West launched the music video for “Come To Life,” top-of-the-line tracks from Donda, that includes footage from his ultimate listening social gathering in Chicago.
• Digital artist Jon Hopkins is about to launch the experimental, classically-bent Music For Psychedelic Remedy—zone out with “Sit Round The Hearth” now.
• And eventually, Australians have a far totally different angle towards seemingly lethal creatures than we do: